Saturday, May 26, 2007

Swimming {in pictures}


Heather said that the paint bucket is a unique and thoughtful gift. Ah! But you didn't see his classroom teacher's gift...


There was a comment made a few times about Sawyer "needing" to get his teacher a new pair of shoes because he was stepping on her feet. I kept it in mind and just had to do this. It's a typical pair of shoes {and I'm sure that given time I could have embellished the heck out of them} that I gave to one of the classmates to take around and have everyone sign. Voila! And, I wrote "roses are red, violets are blue, what am I going to do without you?" on the inner part. Seeing all the classroom stuff like the magnet with Sawyer's name on it that he uses to make his lunch choice (she writes the 3 choices on the board and they put their name magnet under their choice- easy lunch count!) brought home in a Target bag made it real to me that we are losing her as a teacher and I just cried buckets.
This morning I pulled up some stuff in my computer and found oodles and oodles of pictures. They are ones that got lost in the transtion between paper scrapping when I was using what pictures were laying around printed and digital where I typically use something from the recent past. So, I am going to spend some time strolling down memory lane, before my baby was headed to kindergarten!, and note the ones that need to be used. Thank goodness I'm on a few design teams and have been offered a couple of guest spots! Now I'll have subject matter to use with their great products!
Oh, I must mention that we had a cookout at the neighbor's last night where we lost count of the wine bottles, Sawyer got bored, and Bella stayed the night with her best friend. I forsee a whole summer of nights like that. It was great.

No comments: