Monday, May 21, 2007

Something New



I am in love with this kit. It's Bohemian Butterfly from Sarah Grimwood. I love the color and the funkiness (is that a word?!) of it. But, as I played with it, I realized it's much busier than I typically use and I'm not sure how to deal with it yet.

I don't check out galleries until I've created my own design just so that I don't scraplift when I don't mean to. But, I want to go and see what has been done with this one.

I had a problem in the paper world when I started using patterned papers. I thought patterns could really only be used for backgrounds with solid mats under the pictures. Then I realized that if you have busy backgrounds, it makes the "quieter" photos stand out. And I think that happens here.

I have so many more thoughts on this but I'm going to shut up and let YOU tell me what you think. Really, let me have it. Please. It's all in the name of making me a better scrapper.

extra credit goes to Coreen Silke for the rhinestones from her Spa Holiday kit and Sarah Wallace for her faded black and white checkered background

5 comments:

Jen U said...

It is a busy page but I think you scrapped it beautifully! Just remember that when you make a LO you don't always have to use stuff from that one kit, feel free to mix it up a little. But overall, I think it looks fun and funky and awesome! :)

~*Jennifer*~ said...

I think you could probably take out the top right butterfly and a few of the large flowers. Either that or make the flowers smaller. That's all I see when I look at the page...I don't really notice the photos. HTH! Great kit!

Emma said...

What a fun funky layout! I think if it were me I might make the flowers a bit smaller and do the same with the butterflies or use less of them. Other than that looks good.

Miriam's Blog said...

I personally love the simple look at "white space" backgrounds. I stink at busy color and LO's but then again I think they look good - just not when I do them. Love your blog!

Miriam Lima
www.limabeandesigns.com/blog

SarahG said...

Well, I think it looks great!!
Although I think you are getting the "busy" feeling from trying to incorporate a little of everything from the kit....You know what they say "less is more" ...but I always fell like I need to add more too.....But I adore white space pages...unlike Miriam I have a harder time making those types of pages...I say give it another shot...hehe...But I'm not being partial :)