Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First Real Day Out

So, today is our first real day out of school. Daddy's out running errands, personal and business, and with nothing on our calendar, we're kindof recovering from our day of sun and fun.



I needed to do more lo's with Sawyer and wanted to use the basic idea of a blueprint I saw so here's my creation o' the day. I adore Leah Riordan's Funky Flowers Freebie paired with some Clara Wallace ribbons, it turned out great if I do say so myself!


I was tossing around applying for the Memory Makers Masters '08 team. Ronee Parsons {I'm still too starstruck to call her "just" Ronee} has been an incredible inspiration. I applied for a position on her creative team {which is full, by the way so don't bother applying! }* and in the meantime and between time have been looking through anything I can find about her. The fact that she is a relative newbie yet is a Memory Makers Master '07 and is writing a book for them rocks my socks. Her unique creations and use of elements makes you stand up and take notice. {Sound like why I love Sarah so much too? It is.} And then behind the scenes, her communication makes her seem a lot like me and if she can do it, I can do it. I was a bit floaty thinking about just submitting and letting it go. But, reread the info on MMM '08 and thought "not now". I'll give it another year, learn some more, and see how I feel and where I am next year. And, it feels like a load off.


Off to eat, read, and take a nap.


*Ronee Parsons is still accepting applications for her creative team. In a snarky, sarcastic, just like me mood, I was tempted to post follow up post to her call on Digi Shop Talk, but didn't know how it would be taken by the general public or how it would "impress" Ronee. She thought it was funny (maybe I need a postion as an email buddy instead of one on her CT) so I'm sharing the humor.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Terrific LO! Love the colors and paisley! Well, if it helps any, I'm giggling about your Ronnie Parsons bit,lol

Sassy said...

i love that layout!!!!!

SarahG said...

Beautiful job on the LO!! I love those colors and the paisley..and your Humor ..hehe...:)