Monday, May 28, 2007

Quickie for the Holiday


At Sawyer's class awards, one kid got a perfect attendance award. It kinda irked me because while it's all well and good to encourage attendance, I feel like Sawyer and anyone else who got the throw up stomach virus or any other illness get a bit shafted for doing what they should (and are required to do via the school policies) by staying home. It got me thinking about other times when we've had something better to do on a school day and Sawyer's Alaska trip taken with his dad a couple years ago came to mind. So, it was the subject of my quickie lo this morning. Because of all the photos, I didn't want to add any extra embellies to it other than Ronee Parsons' Sand in the City and some paper clips from Clara Wallace Matter of Scrap. {I couldn't tell ya' what kit, I downloaded a mega pack when I started out and have like 15 kits from there all jumbled around}

We're headed to the lake house today. I act like it's mine but it's my best friend Mary's. It's actually going up for sale which makes me sad, but I understand why. {lake houses take a lot of work} Hopefully the smoke from the Okefenokee swamp fires will keep moving out. We were inside all day yesterday because of them. Sawyer's allergies aren't handling it well.

Happy Memorial Day. My grandpa is spending his first Memorial Day in heaven. WWII vet. I miss you grandpa.

4 comments:

~*Jennifer*~ said...

Great layout! I can understand you not wanting too many embellies on it since there's more than 1 or 2 photos. I'm not celebrating Memorial Day, but hope you have a fun day! :)

SarahB said...

Perfect attendance awards always irked me too---this layout is a great example of why perfect attendance isn't so important.

Monique said...

great layout! have a nice day, and have fun at the lake house!

Jen U said...

Yeah I don't like perfect attendance awards, you can't help it if you get sick. I like the LO you did too, the photos look so much fun! :)