Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Killing Time

I'm trying to blur the heck out of a picture and it's making my computer think- REAL hard so I've got about a minute between blurs. I'm using it to check the DST forums. {you might have to register to see the forums...do it, it's soooo worth it!} It's also messing with iTunes so for some reason I have NO MUSIC to work to. ARGH!

I've been wondering what all the buzz is about drop shadows. Yeah, PS has 'em, just click blending options, drop shadow- you can even change the color and depth and what not, so what's the buzz when someone does "amazing" drop shadows? Well, now I've got it figured out...Misty Cato, bless her heart, has this amazing tutorial on how to customize drop shadows in PS.

I am having anticipatory depression. I'm going home Saturday and while I can take my laptop, I can't take my external file server since it has hubby's business files on it as well. If I can't take the file server, I can't take my files. {now you see it coming} And if I can't take my files- I CAN'T DIGI SCRAP! Holy scrap crap! What am I going to do with myself? I will be taking lots of pictures. There will be lots to take pictures of. My twin nephews will be 4 on Monday (which seems impossible) so their party is Sunday. There's the cottage which I hate to sell for the photo value alone. (it's a stone cottage on one acre- lovely but not in the budget anymore) If we talk to my in-laws (they don't seem to want to talk to me lately) we'll be out on their lake and pontoon boat. My sister in law will be coming up and we're having a family reunion of my favorite side of the family. My "baby", the nephew I got to help deliver, will be coming with SIL and he's just as cute as he can be. We'll be interring my grandpa's ashes July 16 (say a little prayer- it's final closure) in a miltary ceremony. And, best of all, Cherry Festival! I'll pop pics up so you can see what I'm up to, but, alas, no layouts to be done.

Maybe I'll have to read. Now taking good suggestions! I like Sidney Sheldon, the Bridget Jones Diaries were good, a friend tells me I have to read Sedaris, and I LOVED Kite Runner. Who could believe that is fiction?! The detail. Unreal. I have my July Memory Makers but I'm not allowing myself to crack it open until I get on the plane Saturday morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drop Shadows are awesome, they make a LO from ok to WOW! Misty has such awesome tutorials.

And my favorite authors: Laurel K Hamilton, Sherilyn Kenyon, Sue Griffin. There's tons more. LOL

Have Fun!
http://heathermanning.wordpress.com

Brooke said...

Thanks for that tutorial link! And I know what you mean--panic strikes when you can't digiscrap! LOL! But it sounds like you have lots of other things to keep you busy! Enjoy your trip! :)

Brooke

paige said...

I know how you feel about not being able to scrap on vacation! We leave on Friday for 3 weeks, and I have to take my laptop, EHD, Camera... but for me it's the idea of not having a good internet connection that I'm upset about! Hope you have a great vacation and have lots of pics to scrap with when you get home!

Mary said...

Oh I'm so with you when it comes to not being able to scrap!
I haven't read in a really long time so no help thier, but i hope you have a blast on your vacation!

~marnel~

SarahG said...

Thanks for the tutorial link :)

Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you! I guess that spoils the plans I had for you
(see DST PM) I totally Understand if your too busy though :)

Wishing you the best in your closure for your grandfather.

It's been 4 years And We have not let go of my fathers ashes :(

Have a Great Weekend!