Monday, June 11, 2007

Disappointing

I just got an email that the National Autism Conference is in Atlanta this year. I would be interested but the keynote speakers are a mom of 2 kids with autism who left her job as a crisis intervention counselor to be with her children and Don Imus' wife who founded a pediatric oncology foundation...I don't see much credibility worth paying $300 for the weekend to hear. And the breakout sessions are about things I'm already hearing, therapies, tax breaks, IEPs. Maybe if I was new to the ballgame, I'd be interested, but as of right now, I'm just not. Eh, maybe I'll volunteer. It's always nice to talk to people with kids on the spetrum, though it breaks my heart (and makes me equally thankful) to see kids who are affected so much more than Sawyer.

I almost got to eat fire Friday night! Ryan's friend is a fire breather and had a party where, of course, his fire eating friends were. They got to "playing with fire" (despite the burn ban, they were very careful) and I was supposed to join in but things got crazy and the moment slipped away. The girls who were telling us (my best friend and I) about it told us the technique which didn't seem very hard. The girls said it isn't and usually people are more afraid of the fire itself. (which, by the time it gets in your mouth, it's burned down and is very cool)





I've gone shopping and spent time sorting and organizing my new goodies. I spent about 2 hours on a layout and then decided to scrap the whole thing! In it's wake, I decided to do a simple lo of Bella since I found a picture of her snoofing.

*Extra credit goes to Ronee Parsons In Dreams papers and buttons, Designing with Renee cardboard frame, and a Grungy Label (turned into a design) from Ashley Oleson

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You are brave to have even considered eating fire!

My mom used to be president of the Georgia Chapter of the Autism Society during the early 70s. My big brother, Denny, is severly autistic. Autism seems to touch us all.

Great blog!

20Birds said...

the layout and photo are darling... i love the greens of the layout

Kiki Halbert said...

Cute layout! My nephew has Asberger (sp?)...autism sure makes for a common bond in the scrapping world.

SarahG said...

Yikes! about the fire eating!!!
Your LO is Beautiful! :)