Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Finished!



Ronee Parsons gave me the link to information about submitting a book proposal to Memory Makers. They ask for 10-15 layouts in addition to information about the book. I am leaving for Michigan tomorrow morning and the kids are in Vacation Bible School this week, so I set my goal for today to have the proposal in. The book idea is Scrapbooking Illnesses and Disabilities. I have seen so many people ask if they should scrap about something that is not as happy as a birth, prom, graduation, etc. I say absolutely you should. Sawyer has high functioning autism and it's a challenge but because I think it runs in our family on my father in law's side, I also feel that I need to tell the story to my future daughter in law for so many reasons. After time, you forget the "little" details that were so important at the time but are part of the story and I believe that people should get those details on paper.

I *only* did 10 layouts mainly because they are all about Sawyer and I figured I'd give them a break- they know everything they need to know! I have friends who have said I could get pictures from them about their kids and I will do that if I get picked up- this was only a proposal. So, finally I can show you what I've been working on. And, instead of filling my page with my layouts, I put them together in a slide. I tried to do some very simple (Welcome to Holland is paper, an edited photo, and journaling) and then some very layered ones, Tiger Cub is very layered and I took my own advice and tried using custom drop shadows. (but, I have PS7 so I am limited- can't tilt corners, can't create a text path...bah!) For some reason, my No Pictures layout won't load into slide so there are *only* 9 layouts here, but to see them all, you can go to my Picasa album.


And, with that, I'm off to see my kids' VBS performance, redo my henna tattoo, and PACK! I'll be uploading pictures, but prolly no layouts...love me anyway!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, 10 layouts Go You!!! I believe you should scrap about whatever you feel good or bad that's why we scrap, Right!
Have fun in Michigan!!!

SarahB said...

Really great looking layouts! 10 layouts is quite the accomplishment too!

Emma said...

Sounds like a wonderful proposal for a book. I had a handicap child and I have yet to do those layouts. I want to but I haven't wanted to deal with all the feelings yet even though he has been gone a long time. Good luck!