Monday, July 23, 2007

Cousins

I've been working on the pictures of vacation and the first ones I'm working with are the ones of my niece and nephews.

I wanted to color this picture and use it somehow but wasn't sure how...it took a LOT of playing, I think I had something like 52 layers but in the end simple was best. The background paper is Ronee Parsons Peaceful Rebellion recolored, paper piece, staples, and glitter are Christina Renee Lil Fan Fair, and the stitches are from the Pink Cat Studio. I love the stitches so much, they made all the difference in the lo, that I wrote 'em up on the Pink Cat blog and included a challenge. Go play!

My problem with busy was that I had another picture in my head, one that I knew I wanted to be busy but I wasn't making the disconnect. Finally I did and put my busy where it belonged...in this layout.


There is so much Princess Lala in here, it's not even funny. The trademark swirls, especially the sun from her Funky Skys elements, were just perfect. The paper is Funky Fairy Tales: The Prince and the Princess and the journaling is done with a Kraft Journaling Block. If you can believe it the Prince and Princess kit is $2 right now. RUN, don't walk folks! The additional glitter was provided by another Divine Designer, Lemonaid Lucy. (she's got a great newsprint alpha that I've got my eye on.....)

I think I'm gonna have to take it a bit slow the next couple of weeks- Bella's birthday is tomorrow followed by her daddy's, then Sawyer's on August 3. That means not only celebrations, but doctor's appointments, pictures, and back to school shopping. Ryan wants to throw a camping trip in there as well but I don't know when we'll have the time.

OH! And, I had mentioned Ronee's newsletter...if you want to sign up, email scrappersnews@gmail.com so we can get you on the list!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

The picture of the kids is AWESOME! Love how it turned out - all the work payed off! Do go camping - such good times, but it does sounds like you will be busy busy before school starts! Happy Birthdays all around!!!

PS - thanks for the adive on my blog - forgot all about the parenting with logic book!!!