Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas and a half!

One of my favorite sayings is Christmas and a half. And with the 25 days of Christmas photo challenge, I've got quite a bit to do. Admittedly, I'm combining a few of the days and getting creative with others. But, I'm also doing a lot. AND I got a book deal (not for scrapbooking, sadly) so I'm perusing that and wrapping up loose ends so I can punch it out before my self imposed March deadline. (the contract said my publication date is May '08.) So, I haven't been as good about getting layouts up here, but I have gotten them in my Scrapbook.com gallery and my DST one as well.

Here's the first of 3 that I've knocked out this week. My mother-in-law began teaching me about what it means to be family in a way that I wasn't used to, a way that made me feel totally welcome and loved. I cherish my family's stockings and tree skirt and had to share the story.

Next we went to see Santa. I found this kit FREE (ohmygosh!) and love it. I thought it was great for Christmas because it has the red for Santa but isn't glaring Christmas. That's just me, subtle.

And, last but not least, Bella and I made dough for the 13 clients we are taking cookies to as our thank you. She was sooo cute and so grown up. And, she did most of it herself!

Credits can be found in either of my galleries.

My New Year's resolution is to learn more about photography. People comment that I take great pictures. I think that's because I'm thinking about how they will look in a layout. But, there are people with more experience than me who can teach me to take better pictures, even if it's just for photo's sake. Sawyer has started taking my camera when he wants to shoot stuff which is fine but I'm so afraid he'll break it. He took it to his room the other night and when I couldn't find it in either of the normal places or any of the various secondary places, I was literally having a panic attack. Sad, huh? Ryan tried to tell me that my camera is just a posession and I shouldn't be so tied to it. In this season, especially, you're more aware of the fact that a camera is more than a possession, it's a legacy keeping tool.

If I don't get back to post again, happy holidays to each of you and I'll see you next year!

No comments: