Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankfully Busy

The sermon in church yesterday was about being thankful. Someone I met back in my paper scrap days was sitting in front of me and I commented to her that I think being a scrapbooker, you're always thankful. It's inherant. We take pictures of life, of things we're thankful for, and we commemorate them with glitter and paper and ribbons and grommets and....and I'm thankful for it. I'm thankful that I found my way back to digi scrapping this year and really got into it. I'm thankful that I got to work with Ronee Parsons before she retired from digi.

I've had a helluva past 3 months. You really appreciate everything you have when it's all on the line. Now that the spotlight is (more or less) off of me/us, I can solidly say that I know what I have, why it is sooo good, and that I am truly thankful for it. Days filled with little ways of showing love pass and we forget to take note. Eventually we become complacent. Thanksgiving is the time to come out of the complacency and take note of those ways that we show love. I have been cooking my heart out which is why I've not had time to do a Thanksgiving lo (but will) all for my family, not just my kids and hubby, but also my sister, her hubby, her kiddoes, and my mom. My sister admitted that if she was having the meal, it'd be everything from cans and boxes done on Thanksgiving day. Not me. I've been shopping for ingredients, baking pumpkins, practicing pies, and freezing the good stuff in preparation for the feast. And, as great as the food will be, the company will be the best part. I always feel like this time of year is a big comfy blanket wrapped around me and my family, bringing us together, keeping us warm, and surrounding us with the love that is always there.

I am truly thankful. I'm a scrapbooker. How can I not be?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the ones you love and remember those who are with us in spirit. Share the stories of the loved ones who have crossed over with the ones sitting around your table. Share the love.

No comments: